Saturday, February 11, 2012

Katie Davis

When things get confusing, the road back to healing is the road back to the heart. It is there where my Father resides. It is there where my treasure is. My treasure is not in money, it is in love. I often forget this. The world around us is so strong. It can pull us into its direction. And then we become scared and tired.

My country -Greece- is going through tough economical times. I don't know where our politics will take us. I know that I have to keep my heart alive. I don't want a heart of stone. I don't want a heart of fear. I want a free heart, a heart of love.

I look for people who live this way. I look at Katie Davis.





Katie is the kind of soul I want to be. She loves Jesus with all her heart. She is a yound woman who left her comfortable life in the US, in order to teach kindergarden in Uganda and then stay there and do ministry feeding ugandan children and sending them to school. She also adopted 13 little girls. She loves Jesus. She is afraid and troubled, but she loves Jesus. She loses all, but she loves Jesus. She is happy and she loves Jesus.

I want to be like that. I want to trust in Jesus. I want to be able to see beyond what is happening around me. I want to be able to see that I can love. That it is ok to love. That it is not a insult to love in hard times. That it is the reason to be really alive. I want to be very careful about where I place my heart.

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also

You can find out more about Katie on her blog.
You can find out more about her ministry Amazima.
You can hear Katie speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment