Thursday, January 12, 2012

on the way to work

I walk to work. It is a 20-25 min. walking distance. I usually clear my head from sleep during that time. I used to walk listening to music, but then it got too dangerous, as I was about to get hit by cars while crossing the streets, since music takes up the whole of my mind. I also sung to the music, so I was scaring people. Not that my singing voice is so terrible, but mornings in Athens -before the city really wakes up- can be a bit threatening. People are not very happy in the morning. The last thing they want to hear is my singing :)

It was still raining this morning. However, I was able to snap a nice cloud-photo.


Just before I get to work, I buy a nice, hot cup of coffee. It is usually a silent, lonely, but also comforting coffee. This coffe is my last connection to the outside world, before I dive into the gigantic building of my place of work.


I like Athens in these quiet mornings. It is still dark and somehow private. I feel invisible (in a good way - as in not too many eyes looking at me). It is strange how simple things like a good cup of morning coffe make us who we are.

not too happy to be at work :(

No comments:

Post a Comment